Student Paper Awards Announced!
Congratulations to all of our paper award winners. We received a competitive group this year. We are proud to list the following awards as recipients of the 2019 awards across all topic areas.
A big THANK YOU to our sponsor Matter and Steve Cranford, Editor-in-Chief, for supporting the cash prizes!
- Carlos Portela, Caltech, “Supersonic Impact on Carbon Nano-architected Materials”
- Gurneet Sangha, Purdue University, “Murine Atherosclerosis Characterization Using Cross-Sectional Lipid-Specific Photoacoustic and Longitudinal 4D Ultrasound Imaging”
- Porter Weeks, Washington University in St. Louis, “High-Temperature Molecular Dynamics Prediction of GFA in Metallic Alloys”
- Ryan Calcutt, Washington University in St. Louis, “Developing Artificial Scaffolds for Plant Cell Growth”
- Allison Clancy, Saint Louis University, “Biomaterial-based microfluidic platform for drug screening applications”
- Mehrdad Kiani, Stanford University, “Strength and Hardening at a Single Precipitate in a Au@Cu Nanocube”
- Yanxiao Li, Missouri University of Science and Technology, “In situ nanomechanical characterization of multi-layer MXene membranes”